This module focus capabilities of 5G that can support manufacturing
5G promises to be a key enabler for Factories of the Future. The manufacturing industries require support from the 5G community, in particular for:
- A highly reliable wireless communication to integrate mobile robots, AGVs, etc. into the closed loop control processes.
- A seamless experience while using hybrid wireless and wired network technologies with a cost-effective management of the network that unifies the connected assets of a factory.
- Innovations inside the network to offer networked services. 5G technologies will play a key role as unifying platform that supports all communication scenarios, and offers mobility-features and seamless service experience.
This module aims at describing how 5G can enable an adaptive information system in an Industry 4.0 environment and to practically and theoretically enable connectivity by performing a Factory Radio Design.
The learning module is a mixture of self-study with recorded lectures and self-study reading as a support, webinars for joint discussions with other module participants, and exercises where theory is applied to the company setting. Expect videos, exercises, reflections that you share with other participants, forums for cross-participant discussions, and much more.
- Mechanical, Production and Automation Engineers.
- Engineers and practitioners with an Industrial Background.
- Computer Scientists with an interest in understanding Industry 4.0 from an applied computer science perspective.
- More importantly everyone with a genuine interest in this fascinating emerging area.
To complete this module, the participant is expected to schedule approximately 4 hours per week over 5 weeks (20 hours in total).
Please note that a minimum of 10 participants is required for the module to start.
After applying to the program, please secure dates in your calendar to be able to join planned webinars and assure time available required for learning.